ISS Facility Services Security are seeking a Rotherham Based Relief Security Officer to cover various blue chip and corporate client sites based in and around Rotherham (surrounding areas) working on a Permanent basis averaging 42 Hours Per week on a rotational shift-pattern.
The shift patterns require flexible working currently a mixture of Days, Nights, and Weekends to include Public/Bank Holidays.
The role will require support for absences, annual leave and Ad-hoc work with opportunities to complete overtime on other sites around the region.
Candidates will require Full UK driving license and access to own vehicle due to remote locations of some sites and travel.
Duties and responsibilities include access and egress control, authenticating right of access, conducting Internal & External patrols, following site specific procedures, assisting in all emergency incidents, manage onsite administration, providing and maintaining the highest standards of security service and Customer Care.
You will ensure the safety and security of people, premises and property.
* Undertake patrols and inspections in accordance with Assignment Instructions, Standard Operating Procedures and Premises Security Manual
* Able to administer first aid
* Covering the Security Control Room, Reception and Concierge Duties
* Perform lock & unlock duties
* Assist staff and visitors to site
* Greet visitors and ensure relevant security procedures are carried out
* Ensuring all H&S policies are adhered to
* In addition to these functions employees are required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required
* Ensuring that no unauthorised persons are permitted in prohibited areas
* Maintaining an accurate record of any incidents that occur
* A valid Frontline Security Guarding, Door Supervision or Close Protection SIA license
* Able to administer first aid (First Aid preferred, training will be provided where applicable)
* The successful candidate will also need to undergo further advance Security clearances (as required on some client sites)
* Fully comprehensive 5 year work/education history; including full company names, addresses and landline contact numbers.
* Clear communication both written and verbal
* Excellent communication & administration skills
* Must be punctual and have the ability to think on their feet
* Reliable with excellent time-management skills.
* Smart, well-groomed and confident.
* A commitment to providing first class customer service is essential
* Good report writing skills
* Conflict management aware
* High level of Customer Care Awareness
* Security systems knowledge
* Telephone/switchboard skills
* IT literacy would be an advantage
In return we offer:
* Fixed Rate of £9.00 per hour
* Mileage allowance to and from sites excluding the base site/city location (18p per mile)
* Working hours will be generally 12 hour shifts over, days, nights and weekends and some short notice changes as required by the operation, some shifts may be shorter or longer dependent on operational requirements
* 28 days annual leave per year including bank holidays
* Bank Holiday’s worked will be paid at double time (Hours worked from Midnight to Midnight)
* Overtime opportunities available
* Company uniform provided
* Auto Enrolment Pension scheme
* Employee perks with payroll provider
* Working with a global leader in Facility Services
* ISS App Available to be used by all employees via any smart phone
* Comprehensive training offered including E Learning Modules
* Annual Appraisal, including & Career Development opportunities
ISS Facility Services Security is a global company with a diverse employee team and we welcome applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates.