JOB TITLE Alarm Receiving Centre Operator
REPORTING TO Alarm Receiving Centre Manager
Role Purpose and Summary Objectives To provide a professional and exceptional service to the ARC customers through innovative and pro active behaviour and following and defining best practice.
The Unipart Way To learn and embrace the Unipart Ways tools and techniques and apply these to the role.
Key Relationships and Interfaces Establish working relationships based on an open two way effective communication style with
• All customers internal and external
• ARC Operations Team
• Wider Unipart Security and Group Security departments
• Health, Safety, Environment, Fire Managers and Advisors across Unipart Group.
• Members of relevant Unipart Group Business Units when coordinating activity and presenting information.
Budgetary Responsibility None – but the role with be responsible for assisting in the reduction of shrinkage
Operational Processes, Procedures and Project Delivery
• To support the Operations Director of Unipart Security in the initiation of asset loss protection specific to crime prevention strategies.
• To support Unipart Security’s management and operational usage of all overt CCTV systems at all client locations. To operate, monitor and prioritise all security systems located within the ARC in an efficient proactive / reactive manner, ensuring that all work is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, current legislation and the codes of practice.
Monitoring and Measuring
• To monitor CCTV systems, access control systems and alarm detection systems.
• To effectively monitor systems to the clients agreed SLA,s
• Monitoring and controlling certain functional elements of rostering management system to be implemented into US, against SOPs and policies
• To liase with external clients and as necessary external bodies such as Police
and local authorities. To comply with NSI standards and policies
Qualifications and Experience
• SIA CCTV public sector licence holder is desirable but not essential
• Recent experience of working in a busy control room environment, to include CCTV operation and monitoring of computerised security systems / databases
• Excellent IT skills and the ability to pick up new systems quickly
• Attention to detail and methodical approach to work is essential.
• An ability to act calmly and make decisions in difficult / crisis situations
• To maintain the company’s confidentiality at all times
42 hours per week on a 4 on 4 off roster pattern working days and nights