Octaga Security Services
Site Security Manager - Slough
£32-£35 000 a year
Job Title and Location:
Security Manager, Slough
To effectively manage a team of 25 officers/supervisors on site and to ensure the smooth and effective day to day running of the site. To maintain excellent communication with the site operation teams, clients and tenants, and to ensure that agreed levels of service and contractual requirements are achieved as a minimum. To motivate the security team and drive service improvement. To provide out of hours visits, both nights and weekends, to ensure all officers/supervisors are visited in accordance with BS7858. To be included on an on call roster for out of hours.
We seek to fill this full-time post as soon as possible.
Circa £32- £35 K salary (paid monthly), working hours - Monday to Friday (07:00hrs-19:00hrs).
An exciting opportunity has become available at one of our most prestigious sites near Slough. The successful candidate will be the Octaga Security onsite manager who will be responsible for liaison with our clients/tenants, ensuring all requirements are met. There will be at times, a need to carry out investigations as required, and to ensure reports are completed for the onsite operation teams.
This role would be well suited to someone with a background in policing or military, or have experience in dealing with police matters and liaising with partners. There will be the opportunity to undertake Security Management Training, gaining a formal qualification for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will provide assistance for staff that experience any welfare difficulties. There will be a requirement to deal with, as far as is possible, and in line with company disciplinary procedures, any discipline issues which may arise on site and to ensure that Octaga Head Office are made aware.
All site records must be maintained up to date and monthly and interim reports completed as required. All Security Officers/Supervisors on site must be well presented and wearing the correct uniform. Other tasks and responsibilities may come up on occasions that are not included in this general description, and candidates must have a willingness to embrace any new challenges and changes.
- Assume ownership for managing the site to deliver a professional service on behalf of Octaga Security
- Liaise with Contract Managers when required to escalate relevant site issues
- Become the “gatekeeper” for identifying, writing and implementing new process
- Ensure 100% compliance with the Assignment Instructions for the site
- Ensure health and safety requirements are met at all times
- Provide first line response to all incidents in relation to fire, security and health & safety matters
- Line manage the team of security personnel deployed to the site
- Ensure all site security officers meet the requirements for the client
- Provide training to officers when required and challenge poor performance
- Ensure all staff are updated with any changes in company policies or client expectations
- Promote a positive image at all times to the client, colleagues and visitors to the site
- Make sure all site paperwork is correct and maintained to the required standard
- Regularly inspect the quality of service being provided and address inconsistencies
- Attend meetings with the client or Contract Managers when requested
- Be able to work to strict deadlines
- Take a calm, considered yet decisive approach to reactive problem solving
- All other site management responsibilities relevant to the role and requirements
Essential criteria to meet:
- Be in possession of an SIA DS or CP Licence and have awareness of health and safety requirements
- Security Management 5+ years
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to deliver the highest standard of customer service
- Be experienced in supervising staff, ideally managing welfare, disciplinary and development issues
- Have excellent IT skills to use Logosoft, Email, Word and Excel effectively
- Be able to produce quality incident reports when required
- Have a good knowledge of Data Protection matters and the ability to guide others
- Be polite, helpful and diligent, with a ‘can do’ ethos with strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Have experience within the security industry, specifically managing a large security team
- Applicant must live within 10 mile radius of Slough.
Desirable criteria to meet:
- Be experienced in delivering training to staff
- Have an SIA CCTV Licence
- First Aid Qualified
- NEBOSH or IOSH Health & Safety Trained.
Documentation that must be provided by the applicant upon request:
- SIA Licence(s)
- Passport or full birth certificate
- Visa (if relevant)
- Bank Statements with account number, sort code and address
- Proof of address (such as a utility bill)
- Proof of National Insurance Number
- Details of 2 personal references (that must not be relatives or live at the same address)
Please read very carefully as before applying for this role you must:
1. Be confident that you will be able to undertake 100% of all specified duties.
2. Meet all of the criteria listed in this advertisement. Partial compliance is not acceptable.
3. Ensure your CV evidences your skills, qualities and career history that make you suitable for this role.
4. Be able to provide all the documentation and vetting information when requested.
5. Send your CV and any relevant cover letter if you wish to be considered for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org . Assume that if you have not heard anything within a month of your initial contact then you have not been successful on this occasion.
Thank you for expressing your interest in this role.