General Manager - Security Services (Aberdeen, Scotland)
Number of Positions: 1 Job Category: Security Management Contract Type: Full Time Salary: Competitive
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland Al Thuraya Security Region: UK Country: Scotland
Package Description: General Manager - Security Industry
Al Thuraya Security is a division of Al Thuraya Holdings. We work in complex and emerging markets, providing risk mitigation services when and where they are needed most. Our team of international security and risk professionals delivers flexible, discreet, avoidance-based security and protective services to secure your people, assets and reputation, and give you the confidence to grow your business.
Our tailored solutions integrate operational and mission development, security solutions, and state-of the art technology to ensure seamless operations and bring accountability to any mission
If you are a Management professional and would like a career and not a job, this may be a role for you.
Are you excited to asses, plan, coordinate and manage security related initiatives for all aspects of a business? Do you thrive under pressure, do you have an utmost commitment to excellent customer service and exceptional communicational skills?
Pursuant to the ATH’s Code of Conduct, the General Manager UK is the business leader of Al Thuraya Security in a specific geographical market. He or she must have an acute awareness of the market environment, and demonstrate sound business, financial, and growth-oriented management practices in support of multiple business customers; and, as the senior executive in the branch office, provide leadership, coaching and direction to the entire office and operational team. The General Manager is primarily responsible for the growth and profitability of the business and retention of existing accounts through excellent service delivery under the guidance of the Head of ATS Global.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide in-country management and oversight to overall business (planning, leading and overseeing all operations in the country) including direct supervision, guidance, and support of office personnel ranging from recruitment, training, corrective actions, and adherence to company policy.
- Perform business development for the branch office, including prospecting, conducting presentations, development of RFP/ RFQ responses, contract negotiations, and closing of new business.
- Ensure that the planned profitability of all services is realized by utilizing sound financial management principles and continual review of appropriate management information reports (e.g., Profit & Loss, Job Profitability, Weekly Hours, budgeting, collections, etc.).
- Ensure that all branch office personnel understand, and comply with all applicable aspects of employment and other labor laws governing UK employment.
- Ensure that Al Thuraya Security (ATS) is providing quality service to our clients and that these accounts are operated in a manner consistent with established policies, contracts, and applicable laws. Maintain an active, strong client relations program by making frequent personal visits to discuss any problems or recommendations for the improvement of service provided.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience in the security industry with at least five (5) years spent overseas.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., Business Administration, Political Science, Law, etc.) from a reputable university.
- Holder of an SIA Card
- Strong financial modeling, quantitative and analytic skills; understanding of specialized industry issues; strong familiarity with local market and regulatory requirement.
- Prior security-related management experience in a multi-location environment.
- Experience in solution sales or other service-industry sales.
- Experience managing a unionized workforce.
- Ideally possess a strong established network of security professionals, law enforcements contacts and demonstrable extensive network of commercial contacts within the area (UK) - globally would be considered an advantage;
- Holding a CSMP (ISMI), CPP (ASIS), would be ideal or other security management certification.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Al Thuraya Security is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.