The salary shown is approximate. The actual payment terms are GBP10 - 11 per hour
The Kia Oval are currently recruiting Security Officers for their up and coming cricket events. A key aspect of your role will be to ensure the security and safety of the building, visitors and colleagues at this prestigious venue, host to a range of world class entertainment events including concerts, sporting events, comedy acts and more.
About the Role
As a key member of our events support team, you will be extremely customer focused and take responsibility for a range of security and stewarding activities including:
* Checking tickets and passes
* Resolving customer queries and complaints
* Implementing emergency procedures
* Carrying out bag searches
* Assisting with crime prevention and detection
* Ensuring Health & Safety policies are adhered to
The pay rate is ?10.50 plus holiday pay. No parking is available at the Kia Oval.
The uniform is not provided. The uniform itself is black shoes and trousers and a short sleeve white shirt. Depending on which section you will be in, additional garments will be provided (e.g. corporate will provide a blazer).
The events are regular, with shifts varying between 4 and 12 hours long depending on the type of event. As this is a casual work role with no contracted hours, you will have the benefit of flexibility and having this role work around you. You may start out with 4 hour shifts but depending on the type of event, longer hours may be available.
Essential requirements for the role are:
* An SIA Door Supervisor/Close Protection License.
* Please be aware that vetting can take up to 12 weeks in accordance to BS7858 and is a requirement for the role.
* A willingness and an ability to work weekends, days, nights and late evenings
* Excellent communication skills with a friendly and helpful approach to dealing with customer needs
* The ability to work well independently and as part of a team
* A professional approach with sound judgement and integrity
Having worked in a similar role and environment will be advantageous but it is not essential to this role.
Interviews will take 1.5 hours and if successful, you will be invited back for a 2-hour site-specific induction.
The OCS Group provide a range of facilities services, including security personnel and systems, to customers across the UK.