Cctv/ Alarm Systems Field Force Technician (16968)
Recruiter: National Grid
Sector: Corporate SecurityJump to application form
CCTV/ Alarm Systems Field Force Technician - Scotland
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced CCTV/Alarm Systems Field Force Technician to join a well-established and highly skilled team of CCTV, Alarm and Security experts. If you are someone who is flexible, can adapt quickly to new solutions and enjoy a challenge of a field nature of work then this is the role for you.
You will be involved with onsite work, finding, repairing and installing specialist equipment, including CCTV, Access Control, Door and Gate entry systems, however, you will also be able to benefit with a full training. Customer care and satisfaction are our priority so we are hoping you can help us maintain our standards and provide high-quality support with each service call that you attend.
This role will be Scotland based and will cover areas from Glasgow up to St Fergus so the role comes with a van, you will need to expect extended overnight stays during the week away from home; expenses for your time away will be covered.
The Salary for the CCTV/ Alarm Systems Field Force Technician is 24,000-26,587in addition this role has great overtime opportunities and attractive call out and standby rates.
About the role
• Your role will be to carry out routine servicing, testing, inspection, repairs and installation of all assets associated with the ISS Estate and associated equipment;
• Be the “SPOC – single point of contact” for our 3rd line contractors and specialists;
• To provide excellent customer service by working with the Field Team Leads, Coordinators and Operations team;
• Accountable for all aspects of their vehicle, stock and safety equipment;
• Complete all the appropriate fault closures whilst on site and update systems;
• Will fully comply with all Quality, Environmental Health and Safety directives including but not limited to PPE, Accident Reporting, Golden Rules, Risk Assessment Method Statement (RAMS), and Achieving Performance Excellence (PEx);
• CCTV – Public Space License, training will be provided
• Ability to use power tools to repair and / or dismantle equipment;
• Providing 24-7 cover across the portfolio for all urgent faults or incidents;
• Interaction with other team members, to ensure the best service is provided.
• Standby /Call out will be required as part of the role
• Experience team who have a wealth of knowledge
• Full Driving License;
• You must have previous experience in a similar role within the industry;
• Previous experience of installation or servicing of CCTV, Access control, intruder and door, gate entry systems would be highly beneficial;
• CCTV – Public Space License, training will be provided
• You must possess sound electrical knowledge, with a proven background through an apprenticeship or hold a similar qualification;
• Demonstrable knowledge of IP technology;
• Strong analytical and data entry skills, attention to detail is required;
• Will have the ability to organise and plan work effectively, both individually and as part of the team;
• Excellent communication skills
• Experienced in customer interaction
• Adaptable to any situation that arises
Who we are
At National Grid, we don’t just ask our people to deliver to the highest standards. We also support them to be the best they can be. Accredited training programmes and personal development courses are a part of life here.
We value and encourage diversity of thought, whatever your background. By creating an inclusive, switched-on workforce, we drive performance and deliver excellence. Which is exactly what we need to achieve our vision of creating sustainable energy solutions, for today and tomorrow.
To learn more about working at National Grid and applying for this position, please follow this link.
We look for talent and innovation, we expect high performance and we believe in creating opportunities for enthusiastic people who share our ambition, values and mind set. From sites and offices to our huge range of after-work clubs and social events, the National Grid culture reflects a commitment to inclusion and diversity. Our people are actively encouraged to treat everyone with respect and value every contribution.
You will have a company van, laptop and mobile phone with the position, 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days, an amazing double and match pension scheme, access to our Flexible Benefits Programme, as well as the opportunity to buy discounted shares.
After your application has been reviewed by our recruitment team, you will find out next steps by email. If it’s a no, we’re sorry about that, but keep checking our careers site for our other opportunities. If it’s a yes, if successful we will invite you in to one of our regional offices for a face to face interview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
National Grid is at the heart of energy in the UK. The electricity we provide gets the nation to work, powers schools and lights everyone’s way home. Our energy network connects the nation, so it’s essential that it’s continually evolving, advancing and improving. That’s why we need the very best people to join the team. And that’s why we’re talking to you.
The closing date for this vacancy is 10th October 2018. However, we encourage candidates to submit their applications as early as possible and not to wait until the published closing date. National Grid’s recruitment periods can and may vary. We reserve the right to remove this advert or close it to further applications at any point during the recruitment process
We welcome and encourage applicants with diverse experiences and backgrounds. National Grid’s ambition is to drive, develop and operate our business in a way that results in a more inclusive culture. We are committed to building a workforce which represents the communities we serve and a working environment in which each individual feels respected, fairly treated, valued and able to reach their full potential.
Apply for this position
National GridNational Grid House, Warwick