Control Room Operator (24/7 Control Room) 
£10.00 to £11.50 per hour
Contract, Full time
36-48 hours per week bases on a 12 hour shift pattern. 4 days, 4 nights, 4 off
Control Room Operator (24/7 Control Room)
This is a challenging varied role within our 24-hour control room, supporting our 24/7 frontline operations which needs someone who enjoys being busy and working at a fast pace. Key to being successful in this role is great communication as you will need to be able to talk to our officers and clients via telephone and sometimes via email. You will need to be able to listen carefully and understand the purpose of a call and record and escalate an incident to the appropriate person.A typical shift in our busy control room would be looking after our officer's welfare while at work, ensuring our frontline officers arrive for their shifts in good time, writing up incident reports and ensuring any urgent identified gaps in rosters are covered in good time.
Control Room Operator Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the frontline Officers and general business via telephone or email on a variety of frontline operational activities.
- Keep Managers informed about any concerns raised, for their sites; e.g. absence, incidents and welfare in respect of their Officers deployed on sites.
- Prioritising calls and incidents, monitoring alarm activations and resolving or escalating appropriately.
Control Room Operator Requirements:
- Working in customer services, ideally within a 24/7 call centre or control room dealing with high volume of calls and enquiries.
- Maintaining a database for accurate and real time activity recording.
- Experience of composing emails and preparing incident reports.
- Good IT literacy for fast navigation of our systems and database.
- High level of written and oral communication with ability to adapt style to different audience.
- Able to deal with urgent situations and difficult, sometime anxious, people under pressure.
- Lives within one-hour commute from the Control Room and comfortable and committed to working shifts which includes regular night working.
- Tenacious when faced with complex incidents or problem which required immediate action and resolution.
GUK is a modern organisation offering high quality security solutions 24/7 across multiple sectors built on family values and traditions. Established in 2003 GUK has grown rapidly and manages nearly 1500 sites across the UK and employ around 1000 staff.GUK goes to great lengths to create a great place to work and we're always on the lookout for people who can help us maintain our reputation for high standards and as a provider of excellent security services.
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 36-48 hours per week bases on a 12 hour shift pattern. 4 days, 4 nights, 4 off.
Salary: £10.00 to £11.50 per hour
You may have experience of the following: Customer Service, Inbound Calls, Control Room, problem solving, Diary Management, Data Input, Database Management, Report Writing, Security Officer, Security Management, etc.Ref: 96227
https://guardinguk.livevacancies.co.uk/#/applicant/203?source=SecurityVacancies (Opens in new window)