Facilities Operative / Security [Merlin Wharf]
Leicester, City of Leicester
£9.45 / hour
Permanent, Full time
Facilities Operative / SecurityFirst Choice Facilities Services Ltd - Leicester LE3Provide concierge/ building security and maintenance service across the building. Liaise with residents and provide a responsive and polite customer focused service. Log activity/report serious breaches to the nominated officer responsible for the building.
- Enable residents to collect parcels between 7-9pm
- Provide a concierge reception service up and until 11pm
Building Maintenance (Interior)
- Reporting building defects, testing of fire and security alarms, changing light bulbs and access codes as required
- Continued decoration and upkeep of the site and corridors and co-ordinating outsourced contractors should demand require.
- Re painting apartments
- Ensure the building is free of litter and remains clean. Empty bins
- Visit each floor to ensure the building is clear of obstacles and litter at the beginning and end of a patrol.
Building Maintenance (Exterior)
- Ensuring that all areas within the confines of the site (including car park) are free from litter.
- Ensuring the upkeep/cleanliness of the communal areas, including the car parking, bin stores and the maintenance of landscaping
- Ensure refuse and recycling is ready for collection by third party refuse collection.
- Making sure that all drains and gullies are free flowing and clean.
- Maintenance of the podium paved areas and steps leading to the car park ensuring they are clean, tidy and hazard free.
- Carrying out regular foot patrols within defined areas as an effective deterrent in the protection of the client's property and assets.
- Mowing grass (at times agreed with line manager likely at weekends or evenings after 8.30pm) and ensuring pavements and boundaries are weed-free.
- Hosing down bin stores.
Health & Safety
- Comply with procedures in the event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage.
- Submit detailed reports on discovery of issues relating to health and safety and crime to the relevant authority verbally and in a report form as required.
- Vacuuming / dusting reception area.
- Disinfecting / Cleaning communal door handles and push plates.
- Rotating full bins with empty ones and ensuring they are in place for collection and returned to bin stores
- Checking for carpet stains and cleaning using carpet cleaner vacuum
- Monitor CCTV. Check Alarms are functioning
- Deal with noise nuisance and address resident issues whilst on duty.
- Deal with smoking complaints and address resident issues whilst on duty.
- Carry out routine search procedures in line with Company policy in a sensitive manner (including vehicles, buildings and persons (provided consent is given)
- Carry out scheduled security patrols of the building.
- Effective handling of all incidents falling within the security remit and if necessary escalation of such incidents to the relevant authority, i.e. reporting any suspicious persons to relevant authorities.
- Provision of locking service as required; locking doors and gates as required by the client. Ensuring effective access control to the client's premises, examining documentation to ascertain the authenticity and authority to gain access.
- Safeguarding of clients keys; issuing and recording all movements of keys within the client's premises.
- Responding to calls outside normal working hours as a result of break-ins etc. and/or the setting off of the burglar alarm(s).
- Take responsibility for routine and non-routine opening of premises and grounds.
Front of house duties
- Assisting and accompanying visitors to their destinations within the complex.
- Act as a point of contact for staff and visitors.
- Maintenance of visitor log, recording incidents and any other issues that may be required by the client.
- Ensuring effective distribution of packages, while keeping parcel delivery room organised.
- Take delivery of stores, materials and other goods and conveying them to their points of distribution.
Work within the Company's Quality Management System and Environmental Management System to ensure compliance with internal policies, procedures, and Environmental legislation and Regulations.
- Adhere to target set for maintenance turnaround - 4 hours for emergencies, 8 hours for same day, 72 hours for standard, and 5 days for make-ready and preventative jobs.Essential
- At least five years work experience
- Ability to carry out a diverse range of repair jobs and manage a work schedule
- Professional attire at all times whilst representing the company.
- Ability to work punctually and autonomously.
- Ability to observe and accurately record incidents as they occur.
- Capable of prioritising workloads and is flexible in their approach to a variety of tasks.
- SIA Door and/or CCTV licence (training Will be provided to the right candidate
- High standards with regards to: efficiency, energy, communication, organisation and planning
- Qualified First-Aider
- Experience within a similar position is preferred.
Reference ID: Merlin WharfExpected start date: 31/05/2021