Operations/accounts Manager (FA01496)
Location: Slough, Slough
Recruiter: Fairford Associates
Sector: Corporate Security
My long established ACS accredited client provides a portfolio of manned guarding services for a varied but prestigious client base in the Thames Valley and Home Counties with a particular emphasis towards customer service and contract retention. They are now looking to appoint a dedicated and highly organised Security Account Manager (Manned Guarding) to manage a portfolio of customers, staff and contractors across the Thames Valley area. This portfolio is made up of a mixture of commercial sites including business parks, distribution centres, office complexes, NHS, schools and colleges and number around 20. The purpose of this role is to act as a single point of contact for all day to day service delivery needs and to focus on client relationship building, retention, service quality and ensuring site/contractual/legal documentation is maintained to a high standard.
· Manage a portfolio of manned guarding contracts, building relationships with our clients & contractors
· Ensure that all client meetings are arranged, noted & KPI’s produced in a timely manner
· Ensure that productive relationships have been established with customers and that their needs are being continually met
· Ensure that we are providing a high quality service to all our customers
· Manage frontline staff and receptionists including mentoring, training, discipline & grievance handling and welfare
· Managing the Health & Safety of your portfolio and staff under your control
· Develop and implement agreed initiatives to drive value and improve operational standards
· Ensure all site compliance and contractual documentation is up to date and ensure that duty standards are being maintained
· Liaise and collaborate with internal resources to meet the needs of the client (Scheduling, Finance, Control Centre & HR)
· Identify and take action on opportunities to grow the business organically and participate in the management and negotiation of contract renewals.
· Provide regular updates internally and to clients on the progress of new strategies, security programs & industry information
· Ensure that weekly and monthly reporting (KPIs) to the client is complete, meeting our and client standards/expectations.
· Create and continually manage Assignment Instructions & Risk Assessments for all locations within your control
· Ensure that each new employee receives proper training, performance monitoring and support
· Recruit & select suitable frontline staff to man and staff your portfolio and sites
· Conduct initial site surveys for Mobile, Keyholding & Alarm Response customers
The ideal candidate will ideally reside in the Thames Valley and be a talented and successful manager who can show good leadership, organisational skills and inspire employees to deliver high standard security services to clients. You will have control for all security & operational aspects of your contracts in a manner consistent with company standards, client, contractual and legislative requirements. You will assume the responsibility of duty manager on a rota basis to provide support outside of normal business hours. We are looking for a people person who can engage with customers and security officers and be able to attend meetings and be comfortable within a high pressured environment. The person we are looking for must have:
· Full, clean UK driving licence
· Experience working within a customer focused environment
· Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal with a polite, positive & professional demeanour
· Ability to work on own initiative
· An ability to demonstrate sound judgement, integrity & problem-solving skills
· Be flexible to meet the needs of the business and be willing & able to work unsocial hours
· An excellent level of computer literacy
· Excellent time management, ability to meet deadlines & work in a pressurised environment
· Experience managing health, safety & welfare of employees
In addition to the above some experience working in a security, rostering or facilities environment would be preferred, although not essential, if excellent customer management & organisational skills are held. A valid SIA (Security Industry Authority) frontline licence would be preferred, but for the right candidate we are willing to assist them in obtaining this qualification and licence if required.
Salary £30k, fully expensed vehicle, mobile phone, tablet and laptop, 20 days holiday per annum, company sick pay scheme and company contributed pension
We do try to reply to each application personally, however as you can appreciate we receive a high number of applications for each role we handle and it is not always possible to do this. Therefore if we do not contact you within seven days your application for this particular role has not been successful. However we have retained your CV and we will advise you of future roles that may be of interest. Fairford Associates operates as an Employment Agency introducing work-seekers to client employers for direct employment by those employers.
Apply for this position
Applications for this position have closed
Fairford Associates23 Hulbert Road, Waterlooville, Hampshire