Operations Officer Transport Support And Enforcement (032508)
Location: London, London
£27,270 rising to £30, 805 after 1 year
Recruiter: Transport for London
Sector: Corporate Security
Operations Officer (Transport Support and Enforcement)
Greater London, you can be based anywhere depending on business requirements
£27,270 rising to £30,805 after 1 year (plus shift allowance up to 15%, as appropriate based upon the working pattern)
Transport for London (TfL) works to keep London moving, working and growing and make life in our city better. It's a great place to develop your career. We treat our staff with the same commitment we give our customers; their satisfaction is a measure of our success. The diverse nature of London is reflected in our teams, with our people coming from all walks of life.
We wish to reflect the diversity of London through the people we employ, so if you find this role interesting and something you could do, then we strongly encourage you to apply whatever your background. As women are currently underrepresented in this area, we will particularly welcome applications from them.
The Compliance, Policing and On-street Services (CPOS) Directorate delivers integrated pan-TfL enforcement, compliance, policing, security and community safety functions in support of our transport priorities. We provide uniformed services across TfL, be it one of our circa 2,500 police officers or our own uniformed officers, we lead on workplace violence and aggression ensuring a pan modal approach to ensure our network is safe, and to support and look after our people who work in some of the most challenging environments.
CPOS Operations has recently undergone a transformation process to create a single, multi-functional and highly skilled Operations Officer role. To build on this we are looking to expand our capability as part of our commitments to Workplace Violence & Aggression by recruiting an additional 135 officers. These officers will be dedicated to supporting our existing staff across the network. This could mean working in our bus stations, at our train stations, on the underground or on our buses where our people could be dealing anti-social behaviour, carrying out problem solving or enforcing our by-laws.
This is an exciting time to be joining CPOS to help us shape this new function. You will be the sort of person who welcomes a challenge, who can keep calm when those around you are not. You will be confident, firm, assertive, empathetic and polite when dealing with difficult individuals, proactive and not afraid to get involved to support our uniformed staff and officers when situations have the potential to escalate. Most of all, you will be the sort of person who wants to make a real difference, supporting our staff to ensure our network is free from workplace violence and aggression, helping to make our network a safe environment for all our users.
• Providing high levels of customer service to members of the public and the users of TfL services.
• Carrying out enforcement and compliance activity across specified modes of transport, i.e. Taxi & Private Hire and London Buses.
• Routine patrol of the TfL Network and responding to incidents under the guidance and direction of the CPOS Resource & Deployment Centre.
• Reporting safety concerns and breaches, ensuring positive action is taken to reduce and mitigate risks.
• Identifying potential compliance and enforcement issues and submitting relevant intelligence reports.
• Responsible use of delegated authority activities, such as community safety accreditation scheme (CSAS) and by-law enforcement.
• Attending court to provide evidence (when required and training provided).
• Good communication skills - verbal and written across all levels.
• Ability to defuse potentially difficult situations.
• Resilience with the ability to remain positive in difficult situations.
• Willingness and desire to develop new skills and knowledge.
• Ability to build effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally.
• Ability to use initiative and sound judgment, make informed decisions or recommendations and work under pressure.
• Competent in the use of mobile devices and computers.
- Working in an operational environment, preferably in on-street enforcement and compliance roles is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in roles and dealing with difficult situations is desirable, for example police officers, PCSO’s, Prison Officers, Security etc. although this is not essential.
Full training will be provided. You should be prepared to undertake additional qualifications, such as BTEC, to increase capability to carry out CPOS operational activities where required.
- • Final salary pension scheme.
- • Free travel for you on the TfL network.
- • A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan.
- • 30 days’ annual leave (Pro rata dependent on role) plus public and bank holidays.
- • Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme.
- • Retail, health, leisure and travel offers.
- • Discounted Eurostar travel.
To be eligible for this vacancy, you should
- • Be 18 years old and over and be eligible to work in the UK.
- • If you have a visa then it should be valid for at least 12 months from 1 March 2020.
You will need to apply using your CV and one-page cover letter. Think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience and the additional information outlined in the job description and cover this in your application.
To apply, please visit our website. click this link, or copy and paste it into your browser to go directly to the application:
Closing date: 26 January 2020 @ 23:59.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
We strive to reflect the city that we serve and we look forward to receiving a ‘diverse’ range of applications. We want our workforce to accurately reflect the richly diverse community of London.
Apply for this position
Applications for this position have closed
Transport for London14 Pier Walk, 4th Floor, London, Avon