Security Officer (94703)
Location: Newmarket, Suffolk
Recruiter: Guarding UK
Sector: Corporate Security
Essential Support Services Manager
GUK are supporting our sister company PSS to find someone to play a pivotal role in managing and developing one of the largest soft services contracts in London.
Essential Support Services Manager Responsibilities:
The challenges of the Coronavirus outbreak has meant that we have had to review our services and established roles to manage the current contract’s challenges. This has resulted in a consolidation of services and the role will be responsible for delivering, co-ordinating and reporting on a variety of services across the portfolio. Include pest control, gardening services, floristry, waste management and washroom services.
Essential Support Services Manager Requirements:
To succeed in this role, you must have experience of managing a sophisticated multi-site infrastructure for waste covering a variety of waste streams; including glass, general, food, IT and hazardous waste to name a few. You must have a sound knowledge of what are the legislative requirements and key waste management considerations, e.g. transfer notes and an understanding how to work in partnership with the local council.
You will need to be highly proficient with working with lots of data and spreadsheets.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate:
• Experience of working in facilities management
• Excellent IT skills, excel intermediate/advanced and PowerPoint/Microsoft
• Good communication – spoken and written
• Excellent administration and record keeping
• Organised and proactive planning of services across the estate
• Able to deal with challenging people
• Able to motivate and influence partnership relationships
• Positive and enthusiastic outlook
• Able to look at trends in data and key support activities
• Understanding of waste management; reporting, understating of waste streams, legislation and a passion for nil to landfill
Location: Central London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 6am - 2pm
Salary: £32,000 per annum
You may have experience of the following: Facilities Manager, Waste Management, Reporting, Multi-Site Manager, Site Manager, Waste Disposal Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Operations Management, People Manager, Project Management, etc.
Apply for this position
Applications for this position have closed
Guarding UK15-17 Strixton Manor Business Centre, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire