Security Officer (FA01503)
Location: Teddington, London
Recruiter: Fairford Associates
Sector: Corporate SecurityJump to application form
My long standing Surrey based SIA approved contractor and holder of NSI Gold member status aims to provide a professionally and proactively managed security service to all its clients; commercial and residential. They provide a broad range of services that include static guarding, mobile patrolling, key holding and alarm response, CCTV monitoring, control room services, security/ risk assessments and close protection services. Currently I am assisting them in appointing a Security Officer for a high profile site in Teddington. The hourly rate is £9.47/hr doing an average of 56hrs per week based on a 3 weekly rotating shift pattern combining days and nights. Shifts changeovers are at 07:00 and 19:00.
It is of utmost importance to carry out the Security Officer role with professionalism. The protection of our client’s premises, assets, personnel and visitors are the key priority you will be required to project a security presence which is both commanding and authoritative. As a key representative you must be polite and courteous to all individuals, whilst ensuring that your duties are carried out in a professional and timely manner, in full compliance with the Assignment Instructions and Site Guidance Procedures. Your performance must meet or exceed the expectations of the company and their client by being proactive and alert at all times.
Security Officer Role Responsibility:
- To attend your duty shift in full uniform in accordance with the standards for appearance and dress as published in your Employee Handbook and displaying your SIA license and company identification at all times.
- To report for duty at least 15minutes before your official start time to complete a full duty handover and receive briefing on any site issues requiring your attention during your shift.
- To fully comply with all signing in and out procedures in the Assignment Log and booking on and off and check call procedures.
- To fully comply with the Assignment Instructions (AIs), all site security requirements and duty assignments contained therein.
- To carry out regular internal and external patrols in accordance with the AIs and to familiarise yourself with the full layout of the site and the perimeter environment.
- To manage within the scope of your assignment, all access to the site, ensuring access control procedures are fully adhered to, as detailed within the Assignment Instructions and Site Guidance Procedures.
- To ensure all incidents occurring during your shift are recorded, and to ensure all relevant logs are completed in line with the Assignment Instructions
Security Officer - The Ideal Candidate:
Flexible and willing to mobilise at short notice
Experience in the security industry
Holds a current valid SIA license , eligible to work in the UK and have a 5 year verifiable work history
Driving License is essential
Able to demonstrate a high standard of customer service skills
A good standard of verbal and written communications
We are seeking security professionals with prior security experience gained in a corporate, Critical National Infrastructure, Police or Military environment.
Pay rate £9.47 per hour
We do try to reply to each application personally, however as you can appreciate we receive a high number of applications for each role we handle and it is not always possible to do this. Therefore if we do not contact you within seven days your application for this particular role has not been successful. However we have retained your CV and we will advise you of future roles that may be of interest. Fairford Associates operates as an Employment Agency introducing work-seekers to client employers for direct employment by those employers.
Apply for this position
Fairford Associates23 Hulbert Road, Waterlooville, Hampshire