Support Officer (4850/LONDON/SEC)
Location: London, London
Recruiter: TC Facilities Management Ltd
Sector: Corporate Security
The role of every Officer is to protect people, property and reputation of our Customer through the delivery of effective Security Services. An Officer must always be smartly dressed, wearing the correct uniform, SIA and Identity Badges. An Officer must always convey a professional image that promotes confidence in security with our customers, members of the public and presents TCFM favourably. An Officer must always follow the site Assignment Instructions, Risk Assessments and relevant documented Standards Operating Procedures to ensure a safe and secure environment, deter crime and prevent all forms of loss. Officers must be flexible to our Customer needs and demonstrate our Core Values (Respect, Care, Initiative, Expertise) at all times whilst on duty and representing TCFM.
• Arrive on site or start of Assignment duty on time, book on correctly and make required check calls.
• Utilise the relevant security systems, tools, equipment to deliver innovation and the highest standards.
• To understand the needs of our customer, respond accordingly and take appropriate action.
• Report and escalate incidents in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner to the Control Room/ Operations Manager/ Team Leader/ Customer and Emergency Services as appropriate for serious incidents.
• Respond to all emergencies and alarms situations (fire, flood, burglary, theft, bomb threat, building evacuation), responding proactively in accordance with agreed procedures.
• Support customer site procedures, in particular Health and safety and Fire evacuation procedures.
• Liaise with internal customer contacts in a professional manner.
• Liaise with external authorities / emergencies services in a professional manner.
• Offer solutions to any security related incident in order to reduce potential risks.
• Share best practices with other Officers to improve the performance of the Security Team.
• Report any inappropriate or concerning activity within the Security Team to Control/ Operations Manager.
• Complete all relevant administration, reports, data input and analysis.
• Support the customer to ensure contractors do not compromise site security or create any risks.
• Communicate courteously with internal and external customers, building positive relationships.
• Respond to and investigate issues and queries in a sensitive and professional manner.
• Complete information gathering and evidence retrieval in a confidential and professional manner.
• Monitoring and effective use of site Access Control systems.
• Monitoring and effective use of site Keys/ Key Registers/ Safes.
• Monitoring and effective use of site Intruder Alarm systems
• Monitoring and effective use of site CCTV systems.
• Complete patrols to identify security risks across the entire site. This includes all windows, doors, stairs, access points, barriers, external areas, goods inwards, car parks, offices and secured areas.
• Conduct security checks and searches (people/ premises/vehicles) in accordance with agreed procedures and take preventative actions as required.
• Identify potential commercial risks/Industrial espionage/ threats to our Customers reputation and brand.
• Use any local, national and international data intelligence in order to identify potential crime, risk or terrorism.
• Identify potential explosive devices and follow procedures to safeguard people and assets.
• Identify potential intruders and request them to leave site in a safe manner or contact the police if there is evidence of a crime, as per Assignment Instructions and Risk Assessment.
• Deter potentially threatening situations through risk assessment, resolving conflict and diffusing the threat.
• To greet incoming visitors and ensure that all necessary security and signing measures are followed.
• Manage car park pedestrian safety and vehicle security and flow, as required by the customer.
• Be the appointed First Aid Representative and deliver First Aid (only in accordance with First Aid Training).
• Complete any relevant value added duties agreed with the Customer.
Apply for this position
Applications for this position have closed
TC Facilities Management LtdSapphire House 74-76 Walton Street, Walton On The Hill, Tadworth, Surrey