Security Officer - Investigations [BD7 - 120123]
Up to £12.54 per hour
Permanent, Full time
Full Job Description
Location: 11 - 21 Canal Reach Kings Cross, N1C - T2T3
Shift Pattern: 4 on 4 off - Days and nights 07:00-19:00 / 19:00-07:00
About the Role:
We are looking for a security officer who will be posted within a building, ready to investigate alarm activations, pre alarms and full evacuations. This position will suit someone who is knowledgeable of fire systems including zone charts and maps, along with a good understanding of emergency procedures. The goal is to minimise disruptions to the occupiers during alarm activation and as such, will require someone who is willing to be proactive and use initiative.
· Respond immediately to alarm activation incidents swiftly and appropriately Investigating faults that occur on the fire panel.
· Take detailed notes of each investigation
· Compiling incident reports after fire alarm activations / pre alarm and faults.
· Giving a detailed summary of events to the Security Manager
· Keep the incident report listing updated
· Keep up to date with all relevant zone charts and demise plans
· Regular patrols around plantrooms and other vital locations, susceptible to activations
· Monitoring of the fire panel to ensure normal functions
· Keeping the fire logbook updated (RFB)
· Communicating any irregularities with management
In this position you will work closely with the fire control centre officers, communicating effectively between each other. Ideally, this will require someone to have a good understanding of English, comprising of both written and spoken
To be successful in this role you will need to hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor licence, need to be customer focused with the ability to remain calm in emergencies and dealing with situations which requires logical thinking. The ability to work in a team is essential, along with the capability to work unsupervised at most times. You will be required to have a competent level of IT skills as majority of work duties are completed using computers and other IT equipment. Having previous security experience would be beneficial for this role.
· Full uniform supplied
· Paid holidays
· Pension plan
· On-going training
· Progression opportunities
· WRKIT Employee Benefits Platform which give you access to savings at big retailers via Discounts/Cash back and Shopping Cards
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £12.54 per hour
- Day shift
- Night shift
- security: 1 year (required)
- SIA (required)